Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dog Gone Genetics...

Did you know these two are closely related?
As many of you know, I am a former MUTT. When my female human had my DNA done a few years ago, they said I was so far in the mix that not one breed stood out. They saw traces of Akita, Chow Chow, Poodle and ShihTzu. In person most humans think I'm a Terrier of some sort. In fact several actually asked if I'm a Giant Westie! BOL! The DNA people didn't see any Terrier! Huh? WTD (What the dog)? So that's why I'm a former mutt. Mom and I created the first all encompassing breed for mutts. I am a part of a breed!  I'm a GenChan®! That's short for the genetically challenged dog and I certainly am !

So I saw this article on NPR and it pretty much amazed me. It says that us dogs, like the two in the photo, are not far apart genetically at all. Us dogs were all created from a very few dogs from waaaaay back when.  Well whoever they were let's toast to our ancestors big or small with good or bad breath! BOL!

While you're here reading, make sure you are entered into my monthly contest to win an UpCountry Collar or Lead of your choice! Just go to the top of my blog and enter your email address.





Pin It!

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

A giant wedgie would be quite interesting, BOL
Benny & Lily

Two French Bulldogs said...

When you blog fro your Eye Phone I guess Westie turns into a wedgie....BOL
A giant wedgie would even be funnier
Benny & Lily

Reba Messina said...

That's funny guys!